Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why do you play video games?

Go down 
3 posters

Why do you play?
I don't know
Why do you play video games? I_vote_lcap0%Why do you play video games? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't want to say why
Why do you play video games? I_vote_lcap0%Why do you play video games? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I can and will answer (respond in thread)
Why do you play video games? I_vote_lcap100%Why do you play video games? I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Terran
Admin
Terran

Why do you play video games? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you play video games?   Why do you play video games? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:33 am

The truth is, most gamers don't even know why they really play, never even bothered to ponder it. In most cases, the question itself confuses and upsets them, bringing into light elements of them they didn't know were there, or don't want to face. But there are all kinds of reasons why a person plays video games. What's your reason? How well do you really know yourself? Are you 'game' enough to look within? Surface copouts like, 'I play for fun' need not apply. Open pandoras box, and answer the ultimate question.
Back to top Go down
https://buildwars.forumotion.com
DarthXX

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play video games?   Why do you play video games? EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

I play purely to troll and grief other people, it gives me fulfillment in an otherwise barren and meaningless life.
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play video games?   Why do you play video games? EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:50 pm

The fulfillment you seek only lasts for a brief moment and only leaves you more empty once it's over, because it's an illusion. Your life is barren and meaningless because of your trolling and griefing. It has nothing to do with the world around you, and everything to do with the world inside you. You're stuck in a chinese finger trap, the cause of your own problems. And you drag down the world around you, having no respect for it, no hope, no empathy, no understanding of it.

The cure is in the good deed challenge I gave you.

The only difference between a hero and a villain is in their understanding of the world around them. Both believe they're wise, but only one really is. The wise one is the one who constantly reevaluates his knowledge and beliefs. The unwise one is a slave to fleeting emotions, stuck on a mouse wheel in the desert, chasing mirages. One has balance and self respect. The other is stuck in a deadly dance of self adoration and hatred.

The pursuit of fulfillment is opposed to the pursuit of meaning. The 'meaning of life' is so simple that you look past it. Read it backwards, 'life of meaning'. The only way to catch a white rabbit is to stop chasing it, and start following it.

Why do you play video games? Whiterabbit
Back to top Go down
https://buildwars.forumotion.com
Stihl

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play video games?   Why do you play video games? EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:53 am

I play to explore my abilities as an individual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you play video games?   Why do you play video games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do you play video games?
Page 1 of 1