Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide

Go down 
+7
Madfable
Kazreal
Rainbow
sunnysilver
DarthXX
BlackTerror
Terran
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
xilo

GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 8:03 pm

Oh, only have like 15k gold right now. I also have literally a banks worth of minipets from 8 characters that are all around 6-7 years old. Have a lot of commons that can be sold and also a Johko and maybe a couple other rare ones I had duplicates of.
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 1:48 am

Elarian wrote:
edit: found it

Ha! I was just about to post a rely Razz

xilo wrote:
Looking for best way to get to 30. I currently have 18k faction with Luxon and 8k with Kurzick and 48 ectoplasms I can trade/sell.

Character name is Pretty Spork.

1. Sell that Ectoplasm to the Rare Materials merchant, or slightly higher to players.

2. Finish Nightfall and Eye of the North.

3. If you're close to a Protector title (bonus/masters in all missions), finish them. If you're not close, do the Fissure of Woe.

4. Get the Black Moa pet.

5. Make the Black Moa minipet, and finish it while you do Sorrow's Furnace.

6. Get one more Hero Armor.

7. Go through the War in Kryta until you get 10 Medals of Honor. Buy an oppressor weapon with it.

8. Make one more cheap type of Armor. Then use what gold you have left to buy the Amber/Jade for a Kurzick/Luxon Armor.

9 Apply it all to your Hall of Monuments.

10. Log out of Guild Wars and back in again to update your progress, then check http://hom.guildwars2.com

xilo wrote:
Oh, only have like 15k gold right now. I also have literally a banks worth of minipets from 8 characters that are all around 6-7 years old. Have a lot of commons that can be sold and also a Johko and maybe a couple other rare ones I had duplicates of.

There's a few others here who are looking for minipets. Perhaps you can sort something out with them if they're interested.
Back to top Go down
https://buildwars.forumotion.com
ay11

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:02 pm

Almost there, and once again your guide has been a huge help.

Though I have a few final questions I'd like some help with if possible. The character's name is Arg Ona, I'm 26/30 presently.

I'm fairly close to getting another oppressor weapon, and then will craft another destroyer weapon, spending the last of my gold. I'm not sure what would be the best way to go about those last 3 points.

I'll need to craft two more armour sets, though I'm unsure which ones. The way I see it there's three options, and I'm not sure which would be the most effective.

Firstly, I could level a character through factions and get the Kurzick armour set, then craft another (noting that I only had the Dervish character).

Secondly, I could craft two more armour sets and try for another point elsewhere (I was thinking maybe the 10 titles for honour, or upgrading another 10 heroes).

Or I could go for the Zashien title, farming keys for this seems like a very slow process however.

I was thinking of maybe going for the Vabbian armour set in lieu of the Kurzick/Luxon one? Regardless, I'm not sure what armour set to go for next, as the only available ones require either considerably more gold or a reputation grind in EoTN?

Also, I have some undedicated mini-pets- I've been selling them slowly but if anyone needs them let me know.

Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:21 am

ay11, after looking at your HoM and the current prices, perhaps you're best off getting it all on your Dervish...

Oppressor Weapon
Destroyer Weapon
Vabbian Armor
Cheap HoM Armor

If you're struggling to get the cash, you could always finish the War in Kryta and then continue to Hearts of the North (again in Hard Mode if you need). That will give you enough Medals of Honor (20) to get two Oppressor Weapons, instead of 1 Oppressor and 1 Destroyer. That way, you can save about 100k at the current prices, and get quite a bit of gold on the way from the quest rewards.

For the cheap HoM Armor, Eye of the North Armors (Asuran, Norn and Vanguard) are cheaper than the rest. If you can afford it, just get Primeval. If not, grab a Hero's Handbook and finish Eye of the North. Use the finished Hero's Handbook to instantly boost your title to rank 5.
Back to top Go down
Ay11

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:00 pm

That hero's handbook came in rather handy; I had no idea about it. I paid the NPC a planium to complete the pages automatically (having done the content already).

I sold what I had left and completed the Vabbian armor, and I'll finish up the Destroyer weapon this weekend hopefully, after farming some keys with the reputation bonus active.

Anyways, I appreciate the help; I would've been completely lost otherwise. You've made what would've been a very tedious and frustrating process a lot easier.

Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:09 am

Glad to have helped!
Back to top Go down
Arger

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Hey Terran,

Firstly I wanted to take the time to thank you for not only this guide but the site (builds/advice/etc).

I have been working through getting 30/50 HoM for about the past week. I have spent an enormous about of time reading different sites and I had a few questions.

Mainly to do with your 8 man universal team type 2 is the build I have been trying to follow throughout the game (baring in mind I haven't completed Proph or Factions yet so no Discord) I did make the run to get UA though (best skill in the game for sure). Also would you recomend moving towards the 8 man uni type 1? I steered away from it as I didn't notice a lot of offensive abilities in the line up.

I have been leaning towards the traditional Discordway 7 man support however I really don't know if I can live without the UA Monk's in your build and wanted your opinion on how come you've taken the differences compared to the Build:Team - 7 Hero Discordway on gwpvx. (i would link however I can not as a guest) I will be utilising the Asuran Scan ability on my warrior as the puller/caller.

Also with your builds you don't mention suggested equipment breakdowns for the companions, I was wondering did you have any?

Currently running a combination of Discord and your U/A monks with my U/A Wammo player character. Once I get livia I was intending on changing however I realise your posts/ideas and information is more up to date.

Either way thank you for your knowledge base I look forward to your response.
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 6:26 am

Hello Arger Smile . Thanks for the positive comments about the website.

Arger wrote:
Mainly to do with your 8 man universal team type 2 is the build I have been trying to follow throughout the game (baring in mind I haven't completed Proph or Factions yet so no Discord) I did make the run to get UA though (best skill in the game for sure). Also would you recomend moving towards the 8 man uni type 1? I steered away from it as I didn't notice a lot of offensive abilities in the line up.

Type 1 is a more defensive option, but type 2 is better. If you haven't got the skills, just mix and match builds the best you can. 2 or 3 Elementalists can replace the Necromancers just fine.

Arger wrote:
I have been leaning towards the traditional Discordway 7 man support however I really don't know if I can live without the UA Monk's in your build and wanted your opinion on how come you've taken the differences compared to the Build:Team - 7 Hero Discordway on gwpvx. (i would link however I can not as a guest) I will be utilising the Asuran Scan ability on my warrior as the puller/caller.

The Hero builds here are completely independent to PvX. The similarities are likely the result of coming to similar conclusions. I find defensive Discord to be slower (especially in normal mode, and especially with no Monk on the team), and weak against high numbers.

I must say that while it is out of date, a couple of players have put good work into a few of the PvE builds on PvX. Unfortunately, the overall PvX community is not what it might seem. I've written a controversial thread here in the hall of shame, containing confessions, links and screenshots that prove what's really going on over there. It's sad to see, since the very idea of a build wiki is a noble one. It was basically infiltrated, taken over and vandalised, then kicked out of Wikia which was abandoned itself during the creation of the official wiki. The newer PvX is basically the same people who destroyed the original PvX. Since Wikia was abandoned, the vandals from PvX reopened the build section and messed around with it. A warning sign can be seen from the description of the very team build you mention, listed at both at Wikia and gwPvX, 'Stick a bunch of popular abused builds together to create one popular abused team build'.

If I was you, I would be highly suspicious of any builds you find listed as good at PvX. While some of the PvE builds might still work, it's plagued with vandalism and errors. The users there have considered me such a threat that they even went so far as mass report ganking me in-game and had me automatically banned, just for asking players to share their own build ideas with me. I quickly appealed and had it removed though. In the interest of building a time capsule, I've still added the entire working PvX database to my own, listed under wildcards. It's included in the download.

Arger wrote:
Also with your builds you don't mention suggested equipment breakdowns for the companions, I was wondering did you have any?

By default, all builds (whether PvE or PvP) include a Superior Rune for their main attribute and a Minor Rune for their secondary attribute. Sometimes if it's cheaper, you can still use two Majors instead. Using Minor Runes only is also popular for Hard Mode since it helps more against being spiked out. Either way, as long as your Heroes have 500+ Health, you should be fine. The standard way of doing equipment goes like this...

Head: Superior Rune for main attribute
Chest: Rune of Vigor
Arms: Minor rune for secondary attribute
Legs: Health, Energy or Minor Rune for tertiary attribute
Feet: Health, Energy or Minor Rune for quaternary attribute
Insignias: Health (martial) or Energy (caster)
Weapon set: Health and Energy mods
Back to top Go down
Arger

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Hey Terran,

Thank you again for taking the time to explain what I can imagine to be a difficult position to explain. Especially to the newer memebers of the GW1 community.

I went with your 8 man team build 2 as per your advice for the. However I had a few questions about a few abilities and what your thoughts are towards them.

Specifically melee support abilities like splinter weapons, barbs, mark of pain and strength of honour. Would you put any of these abilities into your line up if your were playing your suggested ua wammo build warrior as the player?

I took your advice with runes and insignia's it certainly makes a big difference and I had to laugh because I didn't know you could have both Smile with weapons you wouldn't go the 40/40 on the weapons ( I think luxion rep weapons offer these stats for your hero's) instead of health and energy?

And one last thing.. for now anyway Smile

What mixture of hero's/builds would you take into prophicies if your mind set was a speed clear on normal, bearing in mind I'm still a warrior. My intent is to finish factions now that EoN is done then clean up prophicies.

Like always thank you for your time and support.

Regards,

Arger
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm

Arger wrote:
Specifically melee support abilities like splinter weapons, barbs, mark of pain and strength of honour. Would you put any of these abilities into your line up if your were playing your suggested ua wammo build warrior as the player?

[splinter weapon] and [mark of pain] don't hurt your target. They only hurt foes adjacent to your target. You have to spend time balling them up perfectly to get any real use from those skills, when you could have killed them already through direct damage. It's even worse in Hard Mode since they kite (run away from damage) so easily. [barbs] is only worth using against bosses. For both [mark of pain] and [barbs], you need a heavy physical damage team to make them worth it. That means you can't use skills like [conjure flame] and the many Dervish Enchantments that turn your attacks into Elemental damage. Wand/Staff/Spirit attacks don't trigger them either. At the same time, heavy physical damage teams are easy to shut down and a lot of PvE monsters are built for that purpose. [mark of pain] and [barbs] can work well alongside an army of [animate bone fiend] [animate bone horror], but the old style Minion Master has been nerfed for a very long time now. Here's a screenshot of what it could do, all by itself. [strength of honor] isn't a good idea for a melee in PvE, since PvE monsters usually strip the first target they see.

Arger wrote:
with weapons you wouldn't go the 40/40 on the weapons ( I think luxion rep weapons offer these stats for your hero's) instead of health and energy?

I'm not a fan of 40/40. It can sometimes be handy as a quick weapon swap on a player who's using an important skill with a short duration and long recharge like [divine spirit]. But any build that uses 40/40 as its main weapon set and can spare the Energy to make good use of a lucky sequence of 40/40 casts, isn't using a build that makes good enough use of their Energy in the first place. In such a case, 40/40 is a 40% chance of making up for a weak combo. With Health and Energy, you're getting use of the bonus 100% of the time. You don't need to cut down on Runes and insignias to compensate, meaning you have more damage, more health, and more energy. A good build is already making the most out of their Energy through strong skill combos and Energy balance/maintenence. Any faster, and they're going to blow their Energy and put their combo's out of sync. A bad build without proper skill combos will have unused Energy to spare, relying on a 40/40 set to reach into that unused Energy. 40/40 sets are popular amongst casual players, because they aren't familiar enough with the game mechanics to build strong combos.

In general, the best weapon set for a caster is ironically a melee weapon set. You sacrifice weapon damage, but still get 8 Armor (half the base shield armor as penalty for not filling the requirements) as well as the full effect of the mods...

Axe, Sword or Spear: +5 Energy, +30 Health (or +20% Enchantment duration for builds that require it).

Shield: +30 Health, Inscription of your choice (eg: +10 Armor vs Fire damage).

So a typical weapon set like this might give you: +8 Armor, +60 Health, +5 Energy, +10 additional Armor vs Fire damage (18 total).

For Heroes, I prefer an easy to get a +60 Health Green staff. It compensates for not using an expensive Superior Vigor rune on each Hero, and their AI makes heavy use of their weapon attacks that synergise well with Spirit attacks on your targets.

Arger wrote:
What mixture of hero's/builds would you take into prophicies if your mind set was a speed clear on normal, bearing in mind I'm still a warrior. My intent is to finish factions now that EoN is done then clean up prophicies.

It all depends on where. The universal builds are universal, for both 6 and 8 party member areas. I haven't added a 4 man universal build because it's too fragile and you need to change for some areas. Generally, I would use the [signet of spirits] Ritualist and 2 [unyielding Aura] Monks, replacing one Monk as needed for areas that have mobs that you can't kill. In that case, I might replace the Monk with a [power block] Mesmer, sometimes something else, and be very careful to keep your Monk away from harm's way. Perhaps even a boon prot of some sort would work well as a sole Monk in 4 man areas. It's been a while since I did that, and I think the AI used to mess up [divine boon] sometimes by not recasting it when it was stripped.[build prof][/build]
Back to top Go down
OverSky

PostSubject: Thank You   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:40 am

I really appreciate the time you took to make this guide, seriously I really appreciate it. I've been playing Guild Wars for 5 years and 7 months now. On and off, mostly off.

So I am currently at 19/50. If you could so kindly take a look at my character, Guardian Divinity, and see the best course of action for me to at least get to 25 in about 1-2 weeks that would be amazing, again thank you so much for taking the time and consideration to even make this guide and look at my reply, thank you so much.

If it matters at all, my main character Guardian Divinity is a Warrior and I have 30k with me at the moment. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 am

I'm thinking you should do Sorrows Furnace and Fissure of Woe for +1 to Honor. You can get some cash from loot while you do it, and kill two birds with one stone. Then do the War in Kryta until you get 10 Medals of Honor to make an Oppressor weapon and +2 to Valor. Next make one cheap Hall of Monuments armor, followed by your choice of Vabbian, Elite Kurzick, Elite Luxon or Obsidian Armor, for +2 to Resilience and a total of 25. The Rare Material prices are changing a great deal right now, and likely to drop very low as time goes on. By the time you get to doing your Armor sets, you might be able to afford it with the cash on hand from doing the other stuff first. If you can't afford it, you could always keep going through the War in Kryta and continue through to Hearts of the North. If anyone is in Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry still, you could do that for Zaishen Keys if anyone is still buying them.

After playing Guild Wars 2, the items on the Hall of Monuments are very misleading. You don't really get anything. You get a few minipets and can transform the look of your current armor and weapons, thats about it.
Back to top Go down
BlackTerror

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:22 am

Whats everyone's in game name?

My IGN for my main character is BlackTerror.
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 10:19 am

Can find me in Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2 as 'Terran The Tank'.
Back to top Go down
Ginko

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:56 pm

at first i would like to say that i have a hughe respect cause you're doing this.

and i would like to ask you something.
i have to say that i really have a lack of skills in GW1 cause i stopped playing after factions.

Could you please give me a hint how to make some more points?
My Charname is Akemi Sakura.

Sadly i'm nearly broke with all chars and alone (the populationlost is shocking)
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 2:00 am

Thanks.

Do you mean skill points? You get one every time you level up. At level 20 you can still level up, you just get a skill point instead of an actual level. In Nightfall and Eye of the North, there are hero skill points as well (talk to hero skill trainers at various towns), which unlock skills for you and your heroes at no gold cost. You get hero skill points from earning ranks in Sunspear, Lightbringer, Asura, Norn, Deldrimor and Ebon Vanguard titles. Between them all, you should easily have enough to get some good builds working, so long as you don't blow it all on the wrong skills. Even if you did, skill points and hero skill points come fast. Worst case, just get the right skills you need as you go.

If you mean Hall of Monuments points, I noticed you've done a lot with minipets and weapons, but missing out on the rest. If you follow the guide, you would cover all the basics you're missing out on anyway. You just wouldn't have to do the weapons, Factions campaign and Elite Luxon Armor. If you're looking to get at least 30, I recommend you do the following (you should have enough cash to do it, due to mission rewards and loot)...

Finish Prophecies, Nightfall and Eye of the North.

Do the Black Moa minipet and Sorrows Furnace at the same time.

Capture the Black Moa pet.

Do the Fissure of Woe.

Two cheap Hall of Monuments armors.

Three Hero armors, including MOX who's ready as is.
Back to top Go down
Espery

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Is it possible to still do this because I am having trouble selling the Zaishen Keys since no one is playing here :?
I literally had to skill the the PvE nightfall character after trading my points for Zaishen Keys
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 pm

I've been too busy rushing through GW2 lately to know how the GW1 playerbase is doing. I've heard it's still active though. There might be only certain times of day when it's active, that's what usually happens when a playerbase dwindles. At the worst you would have to find an alternate way of getting cash (like farming and mission rewards). But I figure the materials should be cheap when there's low demand, so hopefully that evens it out. If there's still enough players to get into matches, you could try selling them there instead.
Back to top Go down
bozy

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2014 8:42 am

I need to finish all expansions to get few points in valor?
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 6:11 am

Message me in game if you see me. I'll look you up and see what the fastest way is to get your points.

Name = Terran The Immortal
Back to top Go down
bozy

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 7:34 pm

I do about 30% story in Factions and 30% Nightfall ( or less) . I get 300 ecto globs from my friend . Its enough to make some weapons for hall of monuments?
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 3:27 am

I need your character name so I can look you up and find out what you need. 300 ectos is a lot. You could use/sell that ecto for armour too, not just weapons. It's just a matter of knowing what you need and which is cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Relatief

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 1:08 pm

Really nice guide, have a question though. Can I get the protector/guardian titles with one character from Nightfall? Probably not, because I cant play the pre LA primary missions from prophecies for example.
Back to top Go down
Terran
Admin
Terran

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

I apologise for the late response, I've been heavily preoccupied. You can do any mission with any character. In most cases, all you need to do for early missions is simply walk to the mission towns without the need for a primary quest. In Tyria, it's a long way to walk back to Ascalon through the Northern Shiverpeaks. In Cantha, you have to talk to an NPC at Kaineng Docks (from Market Place) to get to Shing Jea island. If you weren't Elonian, I think you have to do a starter quest from an NPC in Kamadan to enable the first mission. If it helps, here's a hero setup I've been using in a recent PvE stint...

[Tahlkora;OwAT02HC35uNRyI1DJSX8iwQAA]
[Dunkoro;OwAT02HC35uNRyI1DJSX8iwQAA]
[Master of Whispers;OAVDEskWSvArAIgFg5ZcQDB5AA]
[Olias;OAVDEskWSvArAIgFg5ZcQDB5AA]
[Livia;OAVDEskWSvArAIgFg5ZcQDB5AA]
[Norgu;OQhkAoC8AGKzJw0hTVBNhkbGIHA]
[Gwen;OQhkAoC8AGKzJw0hTVBNhkbGIHA]

[Player Mesmer;OQBDApwTSnAmO4UqANBylcAxNA]
[Player Assassin;OwZjosd7ISOMEfHMHRkiCQyl2CA]
[Player Elementalist;OgdToYm1Xyhh47g5IiUUASu0WAA]
[Player Dervish;OgSjkyrJbSAYtg0XkijXZXaXygA]
[Player Necromancer;OABDUshnSxM3gVVKgVByl1BvlA]
[Player Monk;OwAT043AZ6upkIj4ioLSiIHkhAA]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide   GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

GW1: 30/50 Hall of Monuments guide
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3